Beauty Booster: Why Our Rose Glow Tea Is A Healthy Skin Elixir
Roses are not new drink trend. As a matter of fact, they have been used for lifestyle and curative purposes for a very long time.
The plant family has over 130 species, all of which are edible and can be used in tea, but some varieties are a bit more pleasant and palatable while others offer a more medicinal taste.
Drinking rose petal tea is a great way to get some good-for-you vitamins and antioxidants, we brew several cups in our studio daily. It contains Vitamins E and C, which as a duo, are some of the best vitamins to promote healthy skin.
It's naturally free of caffeine and the light floral flavor may make it a beverage you keep on heavy rotation. It tastes great iced in the warm weather months too!
Oh, and the aroma....calming, soothing, heavenly!
We celebrate most afternoons with a delicious cup of our own blend and swear by it as a glow enhancer. Here's our super simple way to brew and enjoy:
Rose Glow Tea (Hot)
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Gem Luxe Beauty Rose Glow Tea
- Raw honey (optional)
- In a small saucepan, place the Rose Glow Tea. Cover with water and bring just to a simmer over low-medium heat.
- Let simmer for approximately 5 minutes or until the petals become darkened.
- Remove from heat and strain the hot rose petal liquid into teacups. Add honey to taste.
Rose Glow Tea (Cold Brew)
- Splash about 1oz of hot water over 1 tbsp. tea leaves, wait a few seconds.
- Finish with 5-7 oz more cold water, and cover.
- Allow to steep in the refrigerator for 3-5 hours, or longer, according to your taste.
- Serve chilled, or over ice.
Optional Beauty Boost: Add Green Tea Powder. Prepare the green tea according to instructions adding an equal amount of dried rose petals. Add honey, if desired.
We hope you love the products we recommend! This blog post contains affiliate links and we participate in the Amazon Associate program, which means that if you click on one and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission. This helps support the blog and allows us to continue to bring you beauty commentary like this. You can find more about our site, privacy, and disclosure policies here. Thank you for your continued support!