Colorful Pets: Sparky's Favorite Things
You may have met our JulRe Designs Lifestyle CFO (Chief Fun Officer), the indomitable, narcissistic and sarcastically comedic tuxedo feline, Sparky on some of my social media pages. He is a Maine Coon mix that we adopted from the wonderful Atlantic County Animal Shelter in my hometown of Pleasantville, NJ and we are smitten.
I hope you love the products I recommend! This blog post contains affiliate links and I participate in the Amazon Associate program, which means that if you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission. This helps support the blog and allows me to continue to bring you color commentary like this. You can find more about our site, privacy, and disclosure policies here. Thank you for your continued support!
He has an incredibly complex personality (moody changes to feisty within seconds) and is keenly aware of the power of his cuteness. He uses it with an unrelenting abandon to get whatever it is that he desires. From his very specific food preferences to his predilection for toys that are noiseless and contain abundant amounts of catnip, @SparkyBooBoo is our resident cartoon character. If you are a pet lover, follow his colorful adventures on Instagram.
If loving pet parents are being honest, we will admit that from time to time we've succumbed to the adorable and perceived whims of our animal-children. I raise my hand as a guilty party. I have spoiled Sparky and I no longer run my own house but he brings so much joy to my family that his unwitting narcissism, created in large part by my actions, is something that has become an acceptable price to pay for the happiness of our dear kitty.
So with his fondness for a very fixed list of daily use items, I thought I'd share what it takes to keep our furry friend healthy, happy and purring while also helping us maintain his care with ease. Here are a few of Sparky's favorite things:
1. Yeowww Catnip Toys (see the video above for Sparky's real-time review)
2. KeBuLe Cat Laser Toy (keeps your cat excited and engaged!)
3. Bergan Turbo Cat Scratcher (see the love below!)
4. WOPET Automatic Pet Feeder (great for feeding kitty on a schedule)
5. Petmate Eco-Friendly Breakaway Cat Collar (safety first!)
6. Spot Sponge Soccer Balls (for a game of toss that doesn't destroy the house!)
7. Hertzko Self Cleaning Grooming Brush (oh, the feel-good the purrrrrs....)
8. PetSafe SlimCat Meal-Dispensing Toy (perfect for snacks!)
9. Burt's Bees For Cats Natural Dander Reducing Wipes (sulfate and paraben free! Smells wonderful!)
10. Best Friends by Sheri OrthoComfort Deep Dish Cuddler (cat cushiness!)
Pets can bring joy and happiness to our lives yet there are so many animals who aren't as fortunate as Sparky is to have a loving, caring family. Too many don't have homes, are being treated with cruelty and indecency and need warmth and kindness. There are wonderful organizations that were founded on the belief that animals are entitled to kind and respectful treatment at the hands of humans and must be protected. If you can find it in your heart, please adopt a pet from a reputable shelter. If taking care of a pet in your home is not possible, please consider donating to our favorite, the ASCPA through Sparky's fundraising page or to any of the other organizations that believe in the humanity of animals.
Until next time, may your life be filled with happiness and COLOR!