Colorful Closets: Beyond the Lounge - Sweatshirt Style
I live in sweatshirts. Even before the pandemic, I'd perfected my work at home style and included a vast array of joggers and wide leg sweatpants plus coordinating sweatshirts in ALL the colors.
But as we have begun to come out from hiding a bit more, I figured I had to find some way to utilize the comfort and ease of sweatshirts for even the dressiest of occasions.
I hope you love the products I recommend! This blog post contains affiliate links and I participate in the Amazon Associate program, which means that if you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission. This helps support the blog and allows me to continue to bring you color commentary like this. You can find more about our site, privacy, and disclosure policies here. Thank you for your continued support!
Since I'm still on my hiatus from purchasing new clothes (it's so hard!), I've had to become a bit creative with what I do with what already exists in my closet. I've found that styling my sweatshirts is actually very easy!
If you look at these versatile tops just like you would any other blouse, sweater or cardigan, it makes putting together unique looks quite simple. I'll admit, you do have to change your view of what a sweatshirt actually is but since they now come in so many styles, prints and colors, it should be a smooth transitional shift to your fashion sensibilities.
For instance, here's a daytime look I styled using a very simple sweatshirt:
SHOP THE LOOK
1. AMAZON ESSENTIALS Crewneck Sweatshirt
2. JULRE DESIGNS STUDIO Color Drop Earrings in Toffee Chalcedony and Carnelian
3. PRADA Round Sunglasses - Bloomingdales
4. COACH Soft Tabby Shoulder Bag - Bloomingdales
5. LYSSE Textured Faux Leather Leggings - Bloomingdales
6. TORY BURCH Jessa Loafer Flats
7. JULRE DESIGNS STUDIO Color Drop Choker Necklace in Tiger Eye and Sunset Yellow Chalcedony
Using the same sweatshirt in a different color, this is an outfit you might try for a not-so-dressy-not-too-casual Holiday party or date night look:
SHOP THE LOOK
1. JULRE DESIGNS STUDIO Vishuddha Earrings
2. AMAZON ESSENTIALS Crewneck Sweatshirt
3. SAINT LAURENT Tweed Cap Toe Pumps - Bloomingdales
4. THE DROP Maya Silky Slip Skirt - Amazon
5. ETIENNE AIGNER Ella Small Woven Satchel - Bloomingdales
6. JULRE DESIGNS STUDIO Ella Cuff Bracelet in Black Smoke
I suggest pushing the sleeves up to elbow length and perhaps a casual tuck in to the waist of either of these looks gives them a fresh appeal.
You can also interject a little fun into your sweatshirt collection! Tie-dye, embroidery, blouson sleeves and fun quotes or sayings are all ways of expressing your individuality with this versatile top.
I've collected a few of my lively faves below for you to shop and get creative with to style your own looks:
SHOP THE STYLEBOARD
1. POLO RALPH LAUREN Printed Sweatshirt - Bloomingdales
2. WHISTLES Joie Graphic Sweatshirt - Bloomingdales
3. BILLY T Stardust Embroidered Sweatshirt - Bloomingdales
4. SANDRO Sun Graphic Sweatshirt - Bloomingdales
5. STYLE & CO Animal Print Sweatshirt - Macy’s
6. INC INTERNATIONAL CONCEPTS Printed Off-The-Shoulder Sweatshirt - Macy’s
7. ADIDAS ORIGINALS Essentials Fleece Sweatshirt - Macy’s
8. RBX Fleece Pullover Sweatshirt - Amazon
9. EYTINO Color-block Tie Dye Sweatshirt - Amazon
So there you have it - sweatshirt style that's fun, easy and ready for your action-packed life or the one where lounging is the primary activity!
Until next time, may your life be filled with COLOR!