We have a tendency to limit ourselves to colors that so-called "authorities" have deemed appropriate for a specific season. And when we do, we deprive ourselves of the joy of having all of the beautiful hues that we can visualize available to us all year round. That's not living a truly color-filled life and seems rather boring. While it's true that we are on the cusp of Fall and Orange is well known for being a traditional color for the season, few people wear it as freely as they may in warmer months when it is a bright, cheery, citrus-y symbol of the carefree life. Well, don't you want to be carefree in November too? I know that wearing Orange head-to-toe may be, uh...aggressive for some but when you add a rich blue in a light to dark shade to the mix, you get a wearable combination that can be mixed and matched regardless of the time of year.
For this week's Color Craze, I chose Persimmon because it is on the subtler side of the Orange spectrum and avoids smacking you in the face with it's vibrancy. I've coupled it with the deep, smooth Majolica Blue for a little softening of the slight edge that Persimmon may evoke. I feel it's a special pairing for everyday looks. Ask the New York Mets or the Syracuse University Orange!
COLORFUL ENLIGHTENMENT: Persimmons are a fruit that is often compared to apples nutritionally. Majolica is tin-glazed pottery made in England and decorated in colors, like this blue, on a white background.
COLORFUL SIDEBAR: Kindly indulge my ongoing obsession with Smoothies and allow me to share my first Fall recipe find with you. The Spiced Persimmon Smoothie is at the top of my list for Fall breakfasts. This fruit wasn't on my Top 10 list of ingredients until I discovered the recipe below from one of my favorite food bloggers, Lisa of Downshiftology. It meets all of my smoothie standards: easy to make, filled with flavor and of course, stacked with healthy goodness. Click here for the tasty recipe!
BLOG DISCLAIMER: This blog post was not sponsored but may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission. This helps support the blog and allows me to continue to bring you color commentary like this. You can find more about our site, privacy, and disclosure policies here. Thank you for your continued support!
I've put together a Persimmon Orange and Majolica Blue style board with 14 of my fave fab fashion and beauty finds to give you a few options for consideration as you shop for the upcoming season. But if you just want to add a small touch of this color combo to your existing daily look options, the Thea Earrings from my new Handmade Luxe Collection are the perfect way to do it. Shop fashion and accessories in these great colors below!
1. EQUIPMENT Harmon Shirtdress
2. Christian Wisnants Karwat V-Neck Sweater
3. JulRe Designs Jewelry Thea Earrings
4. Space.NK.apothecary Lipstick Queen Reign Shine Lip Gloss
5. Briane Bracelet from our exclusive Bangle Bar for JulRe Designs INsiders only. For access, click here to join us!
6. Sammitop Stiletto Heel Pumps
7. JAGGAR Solace Slingback Pump
8. Tods Gommini Driving Moccasin *STAFF FAVORITE*
9. Hugo Hatine Zip Detail Slim Trousers
10. Tory Burch Perry Bombe Crossbody Bag
11. Botkier Trigger Pebbled Leather Hobo
12. Naturalizer Tiana Platform Boot
13. Cole Haan Lesli Block Heel Pump
14. Sam Edelman Lior Loafer
IT'S A PINTEREST PARTY! You can also shop my curated board dedicated to Persimmon Orange and Majolica Blue on Pinterest!
Until next time, live a color-filled life!
1. of the color between blue and yellow in the spectrum; colored like grass or emeralds.
For me, the color green signifies an abundant life in harmony, and supremely good health - all things that are important for my overall wellbeing. I've carried my adoration of the hue into my business with our company logo in 4 ombre green leaves, each representing a part of the foundation of our organization's core values: a passion for color, a love of design, respect for our community and a commitment to service to others.
I hope you love the products I recommend! While this blog post was not sponsored, it may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission. This helps support the blog and allows me to continue to bring you color commentary like this. You can find more about our site, privacy, and disclosure policies here. Thank you for your continued support!
One of my self-care rituals is a regular detox day consisting of yoga, meditation, lots of rest and a juice or smoothie cleanse. I feel that giving my mind and digestive system a break is one of the best things I can do to help create balance, replenish my energy and maintain my glow. Lately, I've been whipping up this absolutely delightful, deliciously simple Detox Spinach Green Smoothie that I discovered on the food blog, Vibrant Plate
. Give the recipe below a try the next time you want a healthy treat!
Detox Spinach Green Smoothie
- 2 bananas
- 1 apple
- 1 cup young spinach leaves
- 1 lime (or orange, lemon)
- water as needed (I substitute unsweetened green tea)
- Peel bananas and apple, cut into slices and put into a blender. Wash spinach leaves and add to blender. Squeeze juice of 1 lime (can be replaced with orange or lemon) into the blender.
- Add water or green tea as needed.
- Blend until smooth (I use my trusty Vitamix) and serve.
Of course, my obsession with green wouldn't be a real thing if it didn't continue in my closet. I use the vibrancy of the hue to liven neutral looks - tans, beiges and browns never had a better partner. Colorful accessories, like the handbags I found and love above, are a major way to make a dynamic impact with any outfit and adding almost any shade of green will take your OOTD to bright, exciting levels.
SHOP Green Handbags:
1. WaiWai Faune Bag
2. Ainifeel Padlock Messenger Bag
3. ZAC Zac Posen Eartha Iconic Shopper
4. Steven Alan Etta Hobo Bag (no longer available - a similar style here)
5. Calvin Klein Lynn Pebble Crossbody
6. Ainifeel Top Handle Tote Bag (no longer available but here's a similar one)
Which one is your favorite? Follow our Facebook page and post your thoughts.
Until next time, live a color-filled life!