1. of the color between blue and yellow in the spectrum; colored like grass or emeralds.
For me, the color green signifies an abundant life in harmony, and supremely good health - all things that are important for my overall wellbeing. I've carried my adoration of the hue into my business with our company logo in 4 ombre green leaves, each representing a part of the foundation of our organization's core values: a passion for color, a love of design, respect for our community and a commitment to service to others.
I hope you love the products I recommend! While this blog post was not sponsored, it may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission. This helps support the blog and allows me to continue to bring you color commentary like this. You can find more about our site, privacy, and disclosure policies here. Thank you for your continued support!
One of my self-care rituals is a regular detox day consisting of yoga, meditation, lots of rest and a juice or smoothie cleanse. I feel that giving my mind and digestive system a break is one of the best things I can do to help create balance, replenish my energy and maintain my glow. Lately, I've been whipping up this absolutely delightful, deliciously simple Detox Spinach Green Smoothie that I discovered on the food blog, Vibrant Plate
. Give the recipe below a try the next time you want a healthy treat!
Detox Spinach Green Smoothie
- 2 bananas
- 1 apple
- 1 cup young spinach leaves
- 1 lime (or orange, lemon)
- water as needed (I substitute unsweetened green tea)
- Peel bananas and apple, cut into slices and put into a blender. Wash spinach leaves and add to blender. Squeeze juice of 1 lime (can be replaced with orange or lemon) into the blender.
- Add water or green tea as needed.
- Blend until smooth (I use my trusty Vitamix) and serve.
Of course, my obsession with green wouldn't be a real thing if it didn't continue in my closet. I use the vibrancy of the hue to liven neutral looks - tans, beiges and browns never had a better partner. Colorful accessories, like the handbags I found and love above, are a major way to make a dynamic impact with any outfit and adding almost any shade of green will take your OOTD to bright, exciting levels.
SHOP Green Handbags:
1. WaiWai Faune Bag
2. Ainifeel Padlock Messenger Bag
3. ZAC Zac Posen Eartha Iconic Shopper
4. Steven Alan Etta Hobo Bag (no longer available - a similar style here)
5. Calvin Klein Lynn Pebble Crossbody
6. Ainifeel Top Handle Tote Bag (no longer available but here's a similar one)
Which one is your favorite? Follow our Facebook page and post your thoughts.
Until next time, live a color-filled life!
fresh, clean, invigorating and calming all at once. blues and greens are natural palette companions but this duo has a special relationship. often paired in real-life depictions of the richness of our fertile planet, we are reminded of the beauty of Earth and asked to respect it as our one and only universal home.
while I have enjoyed working with these life-affirming colors in preparation for creating this post, they reminded me of how easy it is to forget that many parts of the world are still recovering from the effects of weather-related disasters. Parts of Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands are still rebuilding from hurricanes Irma and Maria in 2017. Join me in support of the rebuilding of the US Virgin Islands by donating to The Fund for the Virgin Islands Hurricane Relief today.
Refresh your home for spring with bedding, bath, decor and more at Nordstrom. FREE shipping, pick up in store and more.
when Spring arrives, it's always my signal to give my home a new feel, a freshening. and since the new season is very near, I've been on the hunt for a few key pieces that will add clean luminosity to those spaces that are crying out for an uplift. here are my 7 home furnishing fab finds in the Caneel Bay Blue and Sea Green color palette that you can add to your space for extra contrast and vibrancy:
1. Jasper Conran by Wedgwood Chinoiserie Green Teacup
2. Jasper Conran by Wedgwood Chinoiserie Green Tea Saucer
3. New House by Jonathan Adler Facet Decorative Tray
4. Unique Look Estrella Collection Vibrant Abstract Rug
5. Creative Co-Op Terracotta Vases
6. KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer
7. Treasure and Bond Knit Throw
for more inspiration, items and ideas for incorporating this lively color palette into your everyday life, follow our Caneel Bay Blue and Sea Green board on Pinterest!
Until next time, live a color-filled life!