Food tastes better when it is colorful. It just does! We eat with our mouths AND eyes so what food "looks" like impacts the flavor. And there's interesting research behind this phenomenon. Whether you believe there's a color/food connection or not, think of it this way: would you even take a bite of a blue apple? Here are some colorful links to satisfy the foodie in you:
1. I'm not sure eating square food is any healthier than eating food in it normal form but this company seems to think we need to rethink the shape of things. (DesignTaxi)
2. If you bake, you will surely want to get your hands on this plant-based food dye for all of your cupcake frosting needs. (Amazon)
3. This piece on "the year in snacks" is in no way practical but it is good for a couple of chuckles. (Grub Street)
4. Who knew the color of egg yolks makes a difference in the quality of pasta? (Broken Palate)
5. I didn't realize that the already pretty perfect croissant was up for reinvention but change is good, I guess. (Food & Wine)
6. The uber-colorful dinnerware and serveware from this brand automatically elevates your table setting game. (Amazon)
7. I'm also obsessed with this colorful cookware that is super high quality and makes your kitchen look like you've mastered the joy of cooking. (Macy's)
8. This beautiful vegan cookbook is jam-packed with soulful, Southern inspired recipes and food history that even non-vegans, like myself can greatly appreciate. (Amazon)
9. Those of us who miss going to great restaurants for memorable meals may not realize the devastating impact the pandemic has had on the entire industry. Here are a few ways to help support restaurants and their workers.
10. Did you know that I have a collection of colorful food recipes created by me and my Home Chef Extraordinaire (the love of my life) on the blog?
I hope you love the products I recommend! This blog post contains affiliate links and I participate in the Amazon Associate program, which means that if you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission. This helps support the blog and allows me to continue to bring you color commentary like this. You can find more about our site, privacy, and disclosure policies here. Thank you for your continued support!