Soft. Sensuous. Dreamy. All apropos descriptives for two colors that personify the comfy, cozy lifestyle. But don't be fooled. They have a sneaky way of punching up your home with a vibrancy that can only be described as alive.
image: House Beautiful
There's something so comforting about the elegant living room in the NYC apartment designed by Jamie Drake pictured above. While this color palette is far from traditional, its soothing vibe is warm and inviting. The walls were expertly painted using Salmon Peach by Benjamin Moore Aura and softened with a custom glaze. The steel and pale gray accessories could have made a hard, sharpened contrast but instead complement the calming energy of the room.
image: Benjamin Moore Paints
BLOG DISCLAIMER: This blog post was not sponsored but may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission. This helps support the blog and allows me to continue to bring you color commentary like this. You can find more about our site, privacy, and disclosure policies here. Thank you for your continued support!
The Salmon and Glacier Gray palette get 2 thumbs up for versatility. While it may now be easier for you to envision these colors in an expansive space like a living room, incorporating them cohesively in smaller ways and spaces can be uncomplicated too. Refinishing a desk or uplifting a vanity (see below) can give new life to a home office or bathroom.
image: Estuary Designs
Adding a few lovely home decor items in Salmon and Glacier Gray to your space or to give as housewarming gifts is easy because I've done the discovery for you! Shop my 6 fabulous finds below!
1. Nordstrom at Home Faux Fur Throws
2. Christopher Knight Home Club Chair
3. Baby Aspen Ceramic Shark Bank
4. Beatriz Ball Vida Alegra Bowl
5. Industrial Rewind Soap Dispenser
6. Jonathan Adler Charade Studded Table Lamp
I've curated some more Salmon and Glacier Gray color inspiration on Pinterest! Tell me what you think!
Until next time, live a color-filled life,
A sultry brown hue paired with an ethereal peachy-blush tone makes this color duo a seductive match!
Brown can represent steadfastness and simplicity while light blush colors often signify vigor and freshness. We have paired sweet Glazed Ginger with the delicate and graceful Bellini is a yin and yang combo. perfect for classic styles, moods and even flavors.
One of my favorite flavor pairings is ginger and peach. The pungency of ginger actually contrasts with the full fruitiness of peach but for my palate, they're a match made in food nirvana. I like to use this flavor mix for many recipes, but cocktails are my favorite. I'm currently captivated by this Ginger Peach Bellini from Daily Waffle! You will understand my obsession once you try the recipe below.
image above and recipe below: Daily Waffle
- 2 oz. ginger peach syrup
- 4 oz. prosecco (La Marca is slightly sweet and makes for a nice Bellini)
1. Pour 2 oz. of ginger peach syrup into a champagne flute. Top with prosecco. Yep, that's it.
Energy opposites attract with this Color Craze twosome, and what better way to celebrate a strong coupling than with looks that are sure to WOW! I've curated 2 style boards below. The first look is with pieces that can easily work for an evening out with your partner or a daytime wedding. Go forth and SHOP!
1. Elisabeth Earrings from JulRe Designs
2. OUGES Stand Collar Sleeveless Dress - an unbelievable price!
3. Tom Ford Lip Color in Wild Ginger
4. ALLSAINTS Captain Leather Crossbody Bag
5. Enzo Angiolini Addalyn Strappy Sandal
6. Cirque Colors Nail Polish in Met Steps
7. NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Surabaya
The second look below is a more casual outfit perfect for an upscale BBQ or an early evening rooftop cocktail party. Such fabulous finds that are wallet-friendly too!
1. Helen Kaminski Villa Straw Hat
2. Belle Pogue Steampunk Peasant Top
3. Kate Spade New York Kiya Sunglasses
4. Rag & Bone Atlas Belt Bag
5. GemmyJewels Thin Stone Bracelet
6. Marc Fisher LTD Alida Espadrille Platform Wedge
7. TIBI Side Snap Shorts
8. Cirque Color Creme Nail Polish in Coffee Talk
9. Anastasia Beverly Hills Matte Lipstick in Peachy
I'm so inspired by this tasty color pairing for fashion, food and home decor. I'd love to see your favorite ways to use Bellini and Glazed Ginger together or individually by sharing your style with us on Instagram or Facebook.
And be sure to subscribe to our INsider newsletter so you never miss a new, color-filled post from The Color Lab Blog!
Until next time, keep living a color-filled life!