WARNING: This dish is NOT for those with tender taste buds. Stay away if when you think of spicy or hot foods, you think of buffalo wings or chicken curry. This time, the Home Chef Extraordinaire went full on blow-the-roof-off-your-mouth with his version of the Jamaican classic Jerk Chicken Wings. His process is not traditional, meaning these wings were not smoked and slow-cooked over an open fire, but as someone who has had Jerk Chicken prepared in that manor, this rendition is remarkably close.
I hope you love the products I recommend! While this blog post was not sponsored, it may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission. This helps support the blog and allows me to continue to bring you color commentary like this. You can find more about our site, privacy, and disclosure policies here. Thank you for your continued support!
To achieve the intense level of flavor for this dish, you might think that the prep time would be extensive but even though there are a lot of ingredients necessary to build the savory heat, this meal is so easy to make, you'll want to call on it again and again when you're in need of something fierce and fiery on the menu. As always the Home Chef Extraordinaire kept the cooking simple and healthy with the use his formidable power blender and air fryer. And the beautiful serving platter he selected makes this dish all the more spicy! (The platter seen here is currently unavailable but I love this one too!) Have no fear and give this delectable dish a try. The recipe is ready for you below:
Jumpin' Jerk Chicken Wings
2 spring onions, roughly chopped
1 sprig of thyme
1 fresh red Scotch bonnet, stems removed and roughly chopped
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp ground allspice
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp ground nutmeg
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp white pepper
1 tbsp ground cumin
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp brown sugar
1-12 oz bottle Red Stripe lager or any amber lager beer
3 lbs chicken wings, cleaned, tips removed, drums and flat separated
1. ADD all ingredients except chicken wings into a blender and mix well to create a marinade.
2. PLACE chicken wings in a large sealable refrigerator bag. Pour marinade into the bag.
3. SEAL bag and toss chicken wings so they are well coated.
4. PLACE bag into refrigerator and marinate chicken wings for 1 hour. (Marinate for 12-24 hours for more intense flavor)
5. PLACE marinated chicken wings into a pre-heated air fryer. (Alternatively, chicken can be placed on a foil lined baking sheet and baked at 400 degrees, about 45 minutes)
6. COOK chicken wings in air fryer on the Chicken setting - 25 minutes at 380 degrees.
7. SHAKE the air fryer basket about halfway through cooking.
8. REMOVE the chicken wings and place on a serving platter.