My Tasty Turmeric Tonic Recipe
Turmeric Tonic at abc Kitchen, NYC
My most recent healthy beverage discovery comes from weekend brunch at the renowned abc Kitchen by Jean-Georges in New York City. The entire meal was divine but the standout was the Turmeric Tonic. In case you weren't aware, the main ingredient contains a compound called curcumin, which boasts amazing antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. I couldn't wait to get home and try to recreate it and since sharing is caring, here's my recipe. I hope you'll try it!
I hope you love the products I recommend! While this blog post was not sponsored, it may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission. This helps support the blog and allows me to continue to bring you color commentary like this. You can find more about our site, privacy, and disclosure policies here. Thank you for your continued support!
Juliet's Turmeric Tonic
makes 2 servings
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated turmeric or 1/2 tsp ground turmeric, though fresh is best
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger or 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 whole lemon (save the rind)
- 1-2 tsp raw honey (sweeten to taste)
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- 3 cups filtered water
- In a small saucepan, add turmeric, ginger, lemon juice and leftover lemon rind, honey (sweeten to taste), black pepper, and filtered water.
- Bring to a simmer (not a boil) over medium to medium-high heat (about 3 minutes). Turn off heat.
- Strain into an airtight container and refrigerate until cold. (Can be consumed hot as well)